The results of the G.C.E. Advanced Level Examination for 2020 were published online earlier today (May 04), with 194,297 applicants (64.39 percent) qualifying for university admission.
A total of 301,771 candidates – 277,625 for the new syllabus and 24,146 for the old syllabus – took the exam last year, from October 12 to November 6, during the country’s second wave of COVID-19 pandemic.
Meanwhile, 86 candidates’ results have been put on hold due to a variety of irregularities.
Top performers of the 2020 G.C.E Advanced Level examination are as follows:
- Maths – Thanaraj Sundarabavan – Chavakachcheri Hindu College, Jaffna
- Arts – Chamalka Swemini – Presbyterian Girls’ School, Dehiwala
- Commerce – Amandi Madanayake – Sanghamitta Balika Vidyalaya, Galle
- Biosystem Technology – Susika Sandasara – Taxila Central College, Horana
- Engineering Technology – Avishka Chanuka – Taxila Central College, Horana