As of this morning (22), a total of 491 more persons were confirmed positive to Coronavirus in the past 24 hours. Among them, are three expatriates and a foreigner who arrived from Turkey. All other 487 are from locally-identified affectees. Of those persons, 292 are from Colombo, 87 from Gampaha, 17 from Kurunegala and others are from different districts, states the National Operations Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak (NOCPCO).
By 6.00 this morning (22), the total number of COVID-19 positive cases reported from Minuwangoda garment factory employees and Peliyagoda Fish Market cluster stands at 16,248. Of them, 3,059 were from the Minuwangoda cluster and all other 13,189 were from the Peliyagoda Fish Market cluster. Meanwhile, 10,024 fully-recovered COVID-19 patients from both Minuwangoda and fish market clusters have been discharged from hospitals.
Up to yesterday (21), a total of 19,770 persons have been confirmed COVID-19 positive from all over the country, including the dead. 13,589 fully-recovered COVID-19 patients have been so far discharged from hospitals and the rest 6,098 are still under treatment in hospitals and care centres.
To-date, 83 COVID-19 positive deaths have been reported. Yesterday’s 9 deaths were from Colombo 2, Wellampitiya, Dematatgoda, Colombo 10, Colombo 13, Wellawatta and Wattala. In the past 24 hours, 319 persons recovered patients have left hospitals.
As of this morning (22), the flight QR 668 from Doha, Qatar with 41 passengers, and the flight UL 226 from Dubai with 52 passengers have arrived in Colombo. All those passengers were referred to Quarantine Centres (QCs), managed by tri-services upon their arrival after formalities at the airport.
As of this morning (22), 4,193persons in 39 tri service-managed QCs are still in quarantine. Within yesterday (21), 10,514 PCR tests were carried out.
Links: Epidemiology Unit
Full Details of 09 Victims
- A 57-year-old male from Colombo 02 has died while receiving treatment at the Colombo National Hospital due to septic shock caused by COVID-19 related pneumonia.
- Another male, aged 65 years from the Wellampitiya area, has also passed away at the Colombo National Hospital from high blood pressure and diabetes along with COVID-19 infection.
- A 48-year-old female resident of Colombo 10 has passed away at her home. The cause of death has been determined as a heart attack caused by coronavirus infection.
- A 72-year-old man, also from Colombo 10, has succumbed to a heart attack caused by COVID-19 infection, high blood pressure, and diabetes. He has passed away at his residence.
- A 69-year-old woman from Colombo 13 has also succumbed to the virus and passed away at her home from a heart attack.
- A 76-year-old male from Wellawatta has passed away while receiving treatment at the Mulleriyawa Base Hospital, where he had been transferred to from Colombo National Hospital. The cause of death is identified as a bacterial infection and septic shock caused by COVID-19.
- A woman from Wellampitiya, aged 75 years, has died from severe pneumonia caused by coronavirus infection. She has passed away at the Homagama Base Hospital after being transferred from the Colombo National Hospital.
- Among the deceased are a 76-year-old female, who had been transferred to the Infectious Diseases Hospital from a private hospital in Colombo. She had passed away from COVID-19 pneumonia and blood poisoning.
Source: Ada Derena