A press conference was held in the Hotel Shangri-La with the introduction of the free visa for the 46 countries with effect from August 1st and was held in Shangri-La by the ministers of Chrétien Affairs, Wildlife, and Tourism.
He said that the initial list included six new nations including India, China, Philippines, Norway, Switzerland, and Russia. The Minister said the plant should be launched in April but stopped because of the Easter explosions.
There were about 250,000 Chinese arrivals last year and this year Sri Lanka will pass the mark with its free visa offer and more aggressive promotions.
Amaratunga said that the entire Easter Sunday bombing terrorist and his followers were now closed down and final mopping activities were under manner. “This is why the emergency still exists, which will also be withdrawn in the near future. “I think that when the emergency is lifted, Russia will tone its advisory down.
The Chinese Media group, brought down by the Ministry, said Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau, Charmarie Maelge, is highly influential and her favorable messages also assist to encourage more Chinese visitors.
Sri Lankan Dimuth Tennakoon, World Sales Manager says that the airliner will quickly introduce a flight to Chengdu, but does not decrease flights even after the blast. “We will see more Alliance with other Chinese airlines in feeding Sri Lankan as well.” “This will be three times a week flight.”