Led by a vision to build the world’s most influential community of entrepreneurs, the Entrepreneurs Organization or EO, is a high-quality support network of 14,000+ like-minded leaders across 61 countries. Lauded for being “the ultimate toolbox for entrepreneurs” by none other than Forbes magazine, EO has been helping entrepreneurs achieve transformational growth since 1987 through the power of life-enhancing connections, shared experiences and collaborative learning. Worldwide, EO’s member base is clocking median sales of US$5M and counts 14,000+members having 4.1M+ employees across 198 chapters, located in 62 countries. EO also has a vibrant Sri Lanka chapter as well, which was established in 2017, and now counts 34 members with five forums recording median sales of US$5 Mn.
EO SL is now inviting more entrepreneurs to join the network, more so amidst a global pandemic, when normal rules of business may not always apply. At such an uncertain time, having the support and guidance of other successful entrepreneurs, helps EO SL’s members relook at their own strategies and goals to fulfil their true potential despite challenges. Since EO is a non-profit, all dues are channeled towards enhancing member experience. Entrepreneurs who are part of EO benefit from valuable business-saving knowledge and advice from a trusted, confidential, vulnerable, open-sharing community of 14000+ members across 62 countries.
Commenting on the EO and its membership, Revantha Devasurendra – President EO Sri Lanka Chapter said: “EO is a transformational journey both personally and in business. Membership in EO gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to learn and grow together through shared experiences and the benefit of a global member network committed to learning and helping each other grow. EO offers unique advantages to members such as gaining access to the world’s top experts and overcoming challenges through their encouragement and support.”
EO’s member base consists of entrepreneurs only who are either owners, founders, or controlling shareholders in companies that achieve at least US$1M in revenue annually, while for venture capitalists, the funds managed should be US$ 2 Mn or US$5 Mn publicly with at least 10 employees.
Over 30 years, the organization has helped entrepreneurs achieve their full potential from its beginnings to evolve into the world’s most influential community of entrepreneurs. Since its inception, EO has structured itself around what entrepreneurs need, and with time has been able to adapt to those needs, Covid-19 is another adaptation. EO has been quick to pivot its offering to support this new virtual world.
Some of the innovations by EO are:
- EO’s Learning Platform (LMS) is now hosting recorded webinars to filter the needs and challenges entrepreneurs are facing. Topics include cash flow crisis, working with virtual teams to home-schooling your children, and much more.
- EO has launched ‘Leadership in crisis’, a virtual speaker tour to support members as a leader in their family, business, and community. It allows members to access a series of deep-dive discussions and live Q&A with a number of experts and thought leaders.
- Members are using https://together.eonetwork.org/ to gain access to the educational resources, member offers, and inspiring webinars designed to help entrepreneurs through today’s unique challenges.
- EO’s Slack channel and numerous other virtual platforms are allowing members to join important member conversations, exchange resources, and connect with peers. Virtual town halls are being organized where members can openly express their needs or concerns.
- My EO opened up the MyEO Deal Exchange and has waived the yearly fee, allowing members to make deals and investments with other trusted members.
- EO has introduced the Situational Mentorship programme, a short-term discussion between two parties on a high-impact issue, problem, challenge or opportunity.
- EO members have access to the Health network for unparalleled VIP access to more than 30 of the most highly ranked hospitals in the US.