The “Stay Safe ” digital device designed under the guidance of the Information and Communication Technology Agency of Sri Lanka (ICTA) with the aim of containing the spread of COVID – 19 pandemic was introduced to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
Tracing close associates of COVID infected and the movements of the disease carriers are the two major challenges in preventing the spread of the virus. The “Stay Safe” project has been designed as a solution to these two problems.
The new initiative was introduced by the Chairman of ICTA Jayantha de Silva during the daily meeting presided over by the President with the members of the Presidential Task Force on COVID – 19 Prevention yesterday (4).
The new device is based on a QR code. The project will be implemented in a simple manner that is easily accessible to all parties involved in COVID prevention, commercial and public sector entities and the general public.
A unique QR code to each organization can be obtained by visiting staysafe.gov.lk website. The project will come into effect from next Saturday (7).
The QR code can be easily acquired using a smart phone by entering basic information such as the name, address of any organization, name and the telephone number of the owner. The code can be printed and displayed at the organization.
Everyone whether he or she owns or does not own a mobile phone will be registered and their whereabouts could be identified. Steps will be taken by the ICTA to make the public aware of these information through all media.
How Stay Safe COVID Tracer works
Contact tracing is the process of identifying, assessing and managing people who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 to break chains of transmission and prevent onward transmission.
1. Scan QR, send SMS to 1919 or enter your NIC/Passport number whenever you enter or leave any given location
2. Your Check-In & Check-Out times will be compared with the times of others who visited the same location
3. If a person who was tested positive for the virus was at the same location at the same given time you will be notified
4. Once Notified Take Necessary Preventative Measures Including Self-Quarantine To Avoid The Spread Of The Virus
How Stay Safe COVID Tracer Benefits You
- Get notified if you have been exposed to persons tested positive for COVID-19
- Provide your details anywhere you visit efficiently and contamination-free
- Save your details once and check-in/check-out with just your NIC or Passport Number
- QR scan option which allows for instant check-in check-out
- SMS check-in/check-out for any individual without access to a smartphone
How Stay Safe COVID Tracer Benefits Your Business
- Keep track of your footfall efficiently instead of using pen and paper
- Quick and easy check-in and check-out with multiple data entry options
- Avoid persons tested positive or should be under quarantine from entering premises
- Get notified if any of your previous visitors were tested positive for COVID-19
- Printable QR code to allow multiple check-in/check-outs during peak operational hours
- Intuitive Organisation Dashboard to manage and monitor tracing at your business premises
Who Can Use The Stay Safe COVID Tracer?
Private Businesses, Government Offices, Places of Worship, Transport Services
Privacy and Security of Your Data on Stay Safe COVID Tracer
- Data stored on secure government cloud
- Data can be accessed only by higher authorities
- Your data or your organization’s data will not be shared with any other third parties
How YOU Can Help
- Always use stay safe Sri Lanka COVID Tracer to submit your details when visiting any location
- Submit correct details and avoid misleading information, and to trace effectively
- The more data you give us the better we can help you to stay safe and prevent exposure & infection