Dankotuwa Porcelain PLC, renowned for its luxurious and elegant porcelain recently introduced the all new customized steam inhaler which is said to be ideal for individuals affected by respiratory tract infections.
Customers are now able to purchase the product at their convenience from any of the Dankotuwa showrooms – located at Guildford Crescent, One Galle Face Mall, Union Place, Kirulapone, Negombo and at Dankotuwa.
Designed and advised by Dr. Charith Nanayakkara, lecturer attached to the Department of Surgery, General Sir John Kotelawala Defense University and who specializes in Neurosurgery, this modified steam inhaler is ideal for individuals affected by any respiratory tract infections.
Recently, Dankotuwa Porcelain donated these inhalers to the Ministry of Health, Infectious Disease Hospital(IDH), Neville Fernando Hospital, Homagama Hospital, Kotalawela Defense Hospital and the Sri Lanka Navy in addition to the quarantine centers in Sri Lanka.
The product has been widely accepted by the health care sector and is currently been utilized to provide relief for patients affected by respiratory tract infections.
Benefits of Steam Inhalation
According to Dr. Nanayakkara, steam inhalation is a treatment method that has been used for over thousand years in Ayurveda medicine and Western medicine.
• As a tried and tested methodology, steam inhalation is safe for human use and has no side effects of any sort.
• Steam inhalation is also used by Physiotherapists when conducting chest physiotherapy and by Nursing officers on a regular routine basis to clear lungs of secretions.
• Steam inhalation also works differently from a nebulizer, as it is free from the usage of drugs (if it is just naked hot water steam), merely using heat as the therapeutic agent.
• Steam inhalation is a treatment method used for Nasal Congestion, Sinusitis, Runny Nose, ‘Sinus’ type headaches, Intractable cough and Facial steaming in cosmetic field.
How the Dankotuwa Steam Inhaler works
• Pour in the boiling hot water into the Dankotuwa Steam Inhaler and inhale through the mouth
• One needs to be cautious as hot water and steam can burn. Hence ensure that the hotness of the water is like when one is drinking a hot cup of tea. (hold the palm against the spout on the lid)
• For patients with chest infection, steam inhalation is currently prescribed twice a day. However, this frequency can be adjusted according to the requirement
• Naked steam is best. Sometimes menthol is used. This is to make steaming more pleasant rather than for significant therapeutic benefit.
About Dankotuwa Porcelain PLC
Dankotuwa Porcelain PLC, a subsidiary of Ambeon Holdings PLC commenced its commercial operations in 1984.
From superior glazing technologies, personalized designs and endless options, the company continues to create timeless and modern collection of porcelain-ware that expresses exclusive dining experience for every occasion.
Another important feature of Dankotuwa Porcelain tableware is the fact that it is safe for all aspects of dining, as the raw materials used for white products are Lead (Pb) and Cadmium (Cd) safe and does not contain bone ash.
The company has the unparalleled distinction of being the first tableware manufacturer in Sri Lanka to obtain the relevant ISO certification, thus maintaining high quality standards where products can be used in a microwave or a dishwasher.