Local News: With the relaxation of curfew regulations in a bid to restore normalcy in the country following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Colombo Municipal Council (CMC) has decided to resume collection of parking fees in Colombo City streets with effect from May 21.
In a public notice issued Wednesday (20), the Municipal Commissioner, Attorney-at-Law Roshanie Dissanayake stated this.
Accordingly, the general public is informed to pay the following parking fees:
• Motor car / van / cab Rs. 50.00 per hour
• Motorcycle Rs. 20.00 per hour
• Three-wheeler Rs. 20.00 per hour
• Bus/lorry Rs. 70.00 per hour
• School vans Rs. 600.00 per hour
• Office staff transport vans Rs. 1,200.00 per hour
• Office staff transport buses Rs. 2,000.00 per hour
At present, Smart Parking Management System is in operation on the Galle Road, Duplication Road and all roads connected to the aforementioned two routes, the notice read further.
Parking users in these areas are able to pay parking charges using one of the following methods that are convenient to them:
• Through “pay point” parking meter installed in this area by cash notes or Dialog Park Smart touch card.
• Online through the “Tenaga Park Smart” mobile app
• Dialling #444# through Dialog mobiles (parking fee will be added to the phone bill and Dialog service charges will apply)
• “Pay n Go” KIOSKs (except inside Dialog Arcades)
• Traffic wardens of Colombo Municipal Councilor of authorized parking operators are recruited in all other areas in the city.
Popular Stories: Balance of the COVID – 19 Fund reaches Rs. 1128 million as of today
Parking users in these areas have to pay parking charges to these wardens following necessary health practices.
As per Parking By-laws of Colombo Municipal Council published on Gazette No.2029/29 dates 2017.07.26, non-payments of due parking fee shall be subjected to a late fee and non-payments of the due late fee shall be subjected to legal action or tire locking, the notice mentioned.
-Colombo Municipal Council (CMC)